How to Marry a Filipino Bride & Bring Her to the US
Filipino women are some of the best women for marriage. Single Americans search for and meet them online, on hundreds of new dating sites. These sites provide various marriage and relationship services like reviews. However, not all of them can give you quality information about legal aspects of marriage. The information that they share can be superficial and even controversial.
We find ourselves responsible for providing the best information services to you regarding marriage with Filipino women. You do not need to search for anything. In this how to marry a Filipino bride guide, we have collected the most useful, new and trustworthy information for American men who wish to spend life with a Filipino wife.
Scroll down to find explicit explanations about love and visa affairs!
Top Filipino dating sites
How to tell a Filipino woman you want to marry her
❤️ Moris and A-Gun – meet each other on❤️
If you want to marry a proper Philippines bride with a kind heart who is interested in a long-term relationship and family, search for her on a specialized Filipino mail order bride site. These girls are usually more conservative, and you should not jump at her with your marriage proposal.
Take one step at a time:
- Talk with her, get to know her, spend time with each other.
- Get close to her friends and family, make sure they like you. Filipino people may be quite conservative and religious, so you should make it as traditional as possible.
- Once you see that she’s very into you, her parents like you and might have even asked about marriage prospects, it’s time to act.
- Ask your Filipino love-bird how she imagines her married life, her family. You will give her a hint but you will not shock her either. Pay attention to what she says, observe her reaction. If she gives you some hints or says directly that she would like you to spend life with her, be honest with her about your feelings, plans and concerns.
- Now you can prepare the official proposal – book a table in a restaurant, get a ring, or do something more novel – order a trip somewhere and stand on your knee somewhere on a sunny beach.
- After she says yes, know, it’s not the end. You have to ask her family for permission, otherwise, it may not work (although, it depends a lot on the family, so ask her indirectly about this before or ask her friends)
- If you have made a good impression on her parents, they will approve of your marriage for sure
How to know if you’re ready to marry a Filipino woman?
If you consider marrying a Philippines girl, you need to keep in mind that it will require time and effort. First off, you have to be mentally ready to share a household with another person, namely, accept her values, habits, and approaches. Although your wife will probably have similar views, cultural differences might affect your relationships, so it’s critical to stay open-minded and flexible.
Another factor you should keep in mind if you want to tie the knot with a Filipina wife is financial stability. It will take time for her to adapt to the new country and find a job, implying that you’ll have to be responsible for ensuring that your family has enough money. Yet, it doesn’t mean that a Filipina woman will sit on your neck. She’ll take care of the house and put effort into building her life in the new environment.
The final point to highlight here is that if you have an apartment or house that is large enough for you and your future family, then you’re ready to marry a Philippine wife. It’s critical to have a place that will be your safe space and bring you confidence in your stable future together.
Why do men marry Filipino women?
Every year, there are about 15,000 international marriages between Filipino women and American men. Around 70% of Asian mail order brides are from the Philippines, while the average age difference between them and their Western husbands is from 6 to 11 years. Additionally, Filipina women receive about 7,000 fiance visas every year.
Each man has a specific reason that makes him want to tie the knot with a Filipino bride, but these are some of the most popular ones:
- Filipina brides have serious intentions. A Philippine wife knows her worth and aims to establish a serious relationship with a man who shares the same values and interests. So, if you’ve been looking for a woman who is ready for commitments and will always be by your side, a local lady is the one.
- Women from the Philippines are selfless. These girls always make sure that people around them are happy and put effort into lighting up their moods. A Philippine wife will always check in on you to make sure you’re doing okay, ask about your day, and emphasize spending quality time together.
- Filipina women have impressive management skills. Raising children, building an impressive career, and keeping the sparkle in a relationship are just some of the tasks a Filipina girl can juggle with. She understands the importance of paying enough attention to each sphere of her life and will impress you with her never-ending energy and optimism.
- Ladies from the Philippines are sociable. When marrying a Philippines woman, you can be sure she’ll impress your friends because she can easily find a common language with anyone. It’s a pleasure to communicate with a local lady since she has a broad mindset and knows a lot about various topics.
- Filipino brides are adaptive. A Filipina wife won’t find it hard to live in a new country because she understands what to expect and will do anything to make your matrimony as comfortable as possible. She’ll readily face any challenges and offer effective solutions.
How to woo a Filipina to make her say “Yes”
If you’re asking yourself, “how can I marry a Filipino girl from the Philippines,” it’s already a step to success because you genuinely want to understand how to win the heart of a local girl. If you fell in love with a local lady, these are some tips that will help you make a Filipina bride interested in you:
- Don’t be afraid to speak about your feelings. If you dream about marrying a Philippines woman, you have to remember that she prefers not hiding anything and saying things the way they are. So, share your dreams and intentions, tell her about the new ideas, and keep her updated on things happening in your life.
- Give her compliments. A Filipina woman appreciates compliments, especially those focused on her unique traits. For example, you can tell her that her laugh is the best sound you’ve ever heard or that she lights up the room when she walks into it. Such seemingly simple compliments will let her know that you love her the way she is and notice small details about her personality.
- Make your Filipina woman laugh. A good and timely joke can significantly improve your relationship because having a similar sense of humor is one of the cornerstones of a happy couple.
- Be honest and genuine. If a Filipina bride asks you about your past or future, don’t hide anything from her because she’ll find that out sooner or later. Don’t be afraid to accept your weaknesses because it will make you more trustworthy in a woman’s eyes.
Where to find a Filipino wife
How to marry a Filipina woman and where to meet her? Now that you understand how to approach a local girl correctly, we should say that there are two main ways of finding Filipino women, namely offline and online. The first option is more traditional and implies that you travel to the Philippines, spend a certain time there, visit different places, and communicate with girls you find attractive. Yet, this alternative is a bit time- and money-consuming because it doesn’t guarantee that the lady who attracted you with her appearance will have the desired personality traits.
Meanwhile, if you decide to find a Filipino bride online and register the marriage with her, you are more likely to find your soulmate thanks to having search filters and numerous ladies to choose from. You can access the dating site from anywhere and chat with several girls at once. It’s easy to scroll through women’s profiles and select those who match your preferences both regarding appearance and personality. Also, it doesn’t take a lot of time, and you don’t have to travel abroad to meet a Filipina woman. Just create a profile, select what you’re looking for, and reach out to ladies!
How to bring a Filipino woman to the US
So you have proposed. You two are already in the honeymoon mood. You can’t wait to spend a sweet time together but guess what… here all the paperwork comes in. It might be annoying but if you follow these simple steps, you will be able to succeed and enjoy the rest of your life with a sweet Filipino wife.
If your bride is from the Philippines, and you two have decided that she will move to America with you, there are two solutions for you:
- You either get a bride visa for her (also known as “fiancée visa”), she arrives in your country and you get married.
- Or you marry her in the Philippines, get a spouse visa and then you move to the US.
Whatever you choose, sounds like a great plan! And what you choose depends only on your situation and circumstances. Information is on us. Find the answers below but note that we do not give any legal advice. Whatever we say, you should double-check with authorities, for example, USCIS (American Citizenship and Immigration Services) and American Embassy in the Philippines, for individual situations.
How long does it take to get a Filipino bride visa
Are you an American guy? Is she your Filipino bombshell? Get hre a K-1 visa to enter the States and have a sweet and fun wedding! This visa is also called bride one, as we have told you above. It is nonimmigrant, and it will allow your boo-boo to stay in the country for 90 days within which you two will have to say “YES” to each other officially and get it stamped.
This visa isn’t like a tourist or student, it will take some time to get it. In particular, you will have to wait for 6-9 months to get it (9 months is almost like getting a baby born, isn’t it?)
What are the benefits of this? Well, your Filipino wifey will get a right to apply for the green card right after the wedding.
What are the pitfalls? While it’s obvious that you have to hold an American passport, neither of you should have obstacles to marry each other, there are two more things keep in the back of your head before applying for the bride visa:
You cannot get married if you never saw each other in life. In fact, you should have met each other face-to-face minimum one time (you do have to have an offline date!) within 2 years before starting to mess with this paperwork.
And you two should be sure you will make it (we mean the wedding and official marriage) within 90 days after she arrives. If you have no such intention, well, sorry, but you should.
So here’s the short guide on what to do:
#1. File a Petition (the right one)
It’s called a Petition for an Alien Fiancée. You can do this through the USCIS site. They will also let you know which document you need to submit along. If your claimed relationship is recognized (yes, that’s what they do!), your documents will be forwarded to DOS National Visa Center (NVC).
#2. Apply for the Fiancée (almost like Beyoncé) Visa
You know bureaucrats like sending documents to each other, right? That’s what will happen. The above-mentioned NVC will send your petition to the American Embassy where your future wifey will be applying for the visa (in Manila, for instance).
The embassy will let your Filipino girl know when to come for the interview. She has to apply for the visa and take all the documents to the embassy.
If granted, your Filipino bride visa will be valid for up to 6 months. However, it will be possible to enter the US only once with this visa.
#3. Get into America
If things go smoothly, your lady can now travel to the US. An officer at the airport, for example, will check if her visa is fine and decide if she can enter. Just a normal procedure.
#4: Marry her, for God’s sake!
Yes, it’s time to get married! But don’t procrastinate, you only have 90 days since your boo’s arrival in America.
The bride visa expires automatically after around three months and cannot be extended. So if you do not marry, the Filipina will have to leave the country, and if she has children, they will have to leave as well. If failed, they will be deported. And yes, it may cause problems if she wants to enter the States again.
But there’s a plan B. If you marry in America after the 90 days, you should file a Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130).
#5. Get other perks
You thought you would get married and that’s it? No! You can also get many benefits. For example, after marrying, your love-bird will get the right to apply for the green card (form I-485).
Another perk is that your Filipino beauty will get a chance to file an I-765 form, thus, she will get the right to… work! Of course, if she doesn’t want to work and you don’t want this either, it’s fine, she can be a beautiful housewife or so. But she has the right – just for you to know. Her work authorization will be valid for 90 days.
If she applies for the green card and work authorization simultaneously, then the latter will be valid for an entire year, so keep this in mind as well.
It is common to marry Filipino women in this way. But if you marry your woman in the Philippines, the rules of the game will change. Find below how exactly.
How to marry a Filipina in the Philippines
Before we tell you how to bring your wifey to America, we will tell you how to get marriage stamps in the Filipino land.
Here are the steps to follow:
- You check with your Filipino bride how and where it is done in her city. You, as a foreigner, will be required to show the Philippines authorities a document, called “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage.” They require this from your embassy and it shows that there are no obstacles for you to marry a Filipino woman.
- But here’s the tricky thing – American consular officers are not allowed to do this. But what they can help you with is the “Affidavit In Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage.” You will sign it, they will facilitate everything and voila! Now you can marry in the Philippines!
- Usually, the Philippines government accepts it, so you will be fine. Note that you will have to cover all the fees related to this and they are not refundable.
- Additionally, do not rush to file a marriage license straight away. There’s another little requirement that you will have to fulfill. Namely, to provide a “Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” document for the Philippine government.
How to get a Filipino wife to the USA
To bring a Filipino wife to the US, you have to be either a US citizen or a Green Card holder. For either situation, the algorithm is almost the same. But we will break it down so that it will be easier for you to digest it.
If you hold an American passport:
- And if your wife is already in the US after entering legally, you have to file a Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) and apply for a Green Card for her (Form I-485).
- If she’s outside the US, let’s say, in the Philippines, you will have to file the same I-130 petition. But when it’s approved, it will be sent for consular processing. Then the consulate or embassy will notify you and give further instructions.
If you are the green card holder:
- And if your Filipino wifey in the US, the procedure is the same – file I-130 and I-485 forms.
- If she’s in the Philippines, file I-130. Then, when it is approved and the visa is available, it will be sent for consular processing.
You can always find more information on the official authorities’ sites and see which documents you need to submit for each case. Yes, seeking marriage with Filipino women may seem challenging, but it’s nothing new! You can nail it!
If in any case your petition was denied, you will have a right to appeal. It will comprise some fees, but generally, you will still have a chance.
How much does it cost to marry Filipina woman
When marrying a Filipina in the US, you can expect the cost to vary depending on the services you use and your preferences. The final sum includes all the main expenses, from the dating site’s services to the wedding, which implies it can be higher or lower in your case. When visiting a Filipina woman in her country, you’ll probably spend about 2 weeks there because it’s the average time men need to become confident in their choice and decide that they’re ready to take their relationship to the next level.
Online expenses, per month 💰
Airline tickets ✈️
Hotel and accommodation, per 2 weeks 🏨
Food, per 2 weeks and 2 people 🍜
As you can see, the average Filipina wife cost is $24,750. Yet, it can be much lower if you postpone the wedding or higher if you want to make a luxury ceremony or spend more time in the Philippines.
James, 53, Arizona:
was always wondering how to marry a Filipina woman if I don’t go to that country that often and don’t actually have enough time. Online dating was the answer. I met my gorgeous Mirikit online, and she was the woman I immediately felt a connection with. She’s 8 years younger and inspires me to stay open-minded and try new things. We got married after a year of meeting each other, and I’ve never been so in love!”
Matt, 48, California:
My wife, Diwata, is 10 years younger, but I feel like we’re both teenagers in love, although we’ve been married for 2 years so far. Marrying a Philippines girl I’ve met online wasn’t something I expected in my life to happen, but it made me understand that I should always be open to new. Diwata is a loving, independent, and confident woman who always makes me feel butterflies!”
To sum up
Hope this guide has helped you to understand how to marry a Filipino woman, bring her to the US, and get a marriage certificate. Now it’s you who needs to act, so good luck! We are here, though, to help you with any marriage related services. Find the best reviews of Filipino women dating sites here as well!
Filipino women are sought after for their serious intentions, selflessness, impressive management skills, sociability, and adaptability to a new country and culture.
Be mentally prepared to share a household with another person, accepting her values, habits, and approaches. Ensure financial stability to support her as she adapts to the new country. Have a place suitable for your future family, offering a stable future together.
Take one step at a time: Talk, get to know her, spend time together. Get close to her family and friends, make sure they like you. When she shows interest and her parents have inquired about marriage prospects, express your feelings, plans, and concerns honestly. Prepare a thoughtful proposal, ask her family for permission.